Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Excited for.. Part 2

The next thing that I am excited for is pictured above.
Legitimate Chinese food. There is really nothing like it. Last summer during camp I got to spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking for the kids that were on our team and working alongside the Chinese cook that they brought in for camp.  On top of being an awesome cook the lady we worked with was adorable!  She was always willing to try our creations and we would try hers.  She was an awesome cook and I was always excited to see what she would make each day.  While we were making simple American meals she was preparing sometimes 8 different dishes. She was amazing to say the least, until she brought me me this bowl of goodies:
We were usually pretty fast in making our meals so we would often help out the cook with cutting vegetables and anything that she needed help with.  She brought me this bowl and I just starred at her.  She explained that I needed to "clean" them and then she would use them in whatever she was making that night.  Not knowing that "they" were or how to clean them I set it and tried my best.  The were as slimy as they look, don't worry.  Beth (the other lady leader) and I laughed until we cried because we were convinced that they were bats/bat wings.  

Even though what is in that bowl LOOKS really gross, by the time we cleaned them and the cook cooked them it was actually really good. Yes, I did eat it. And to clear up any confusion they were not bat wings but a form of seaweed.

I am excited to get to try a ton of new foods while I am in China. :) 

Here is a picture of Beth and I attempting to "clean" the seaweed:
*my eyes are not present in the picture due to the fact that I was laughing that hard.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you bobb! excited to hear what all the Lord is gonna do through you :)

    ReplyDelete